Following a review of junior bowls by Bowls Victoria the following recommendations were submitted and subsequently approved:-
1. Develop a recruitment pack/letter from BV to students participating in School Programs.
2. Develop a School/Teacher Ambassador Program
3. Junior Club Accreditation program to be developed.
4. Specific meeting to discuss U18 Club Competition
5. Re-brand and re-launch of the Junior Squads.
6. Develop the U18 Ambassador Program
7. Coordinate Junior Bowls Calendars to include Schools, Squad & Sate Events
8. Provide Regional Bowls Managers with Junior Participation Targets and Resources to ensure they’re sharing the same information with Clubs Schools & Regions.
9. U18 Committee to recruit additional members with specific skill-sets and develop a more project-based approach
The ab0ve recommendations will take the Eastern Ranges U18 squad to a higher level, but BV still have work to do now that these recommendations have been approved.
Laurie Browell & Ian Hosken